A single mom always has her plate full with trying to be both mom and dad to their children, on top of working, maintaining the house, helping with homework, and extra-cirricular and afterschool activities. Now throw dating into the equation, this takes things to a whole new level. When dating a single mom spontaneity is definitely out of the question. A mom always has to work around either a babysitter or shared custody times with the father of the child(ren). And financially, a single mom most of the time can not afford to go as she raising her family with only one income and most babysitters request to be paid for their service (unless you are lucky enough to have family or friends who will do this for free).
And when a single mom finally begins dating again there are so many new things she has to ponder, such as: who should you date, what are their values, how are they with children, do your kids like them, where will you find the time to go out on a date, etc... Searching for someone who respects and loves both you and your child is very hard to find……at least in the sense that I think it should be and have been lucky enough to find. My personal point of view always was: if you don’t get along with or don’t want anything to do with my child or have disrespect towards her in any way then I refuse to have anything to do to with you, as I would assume most moms would (or should) be! This is strictly the personal preference of each mom. Nevertheless, I am very particular of who is and is not allowed to meet my daughter. And there has only been two guys over the last twelve years that I have deemed good enough and I am currently still with the second.
So just because you are a single mom you shouldn't let your love life end. It may be temporarily placed on the backburner but you should always be able to rekindle it when you are comfortable enough to do so!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment